Do you find it hard to control your emotions? Do your emotions often dictate your response? Do you wish you had the techniques to harness your emotions and move forward with your life?
If you answered yes to any of the above, I encourage you to explore Emotion-Focused Therapy or EFT.
EFT is an approach to therapy treatment based on the premise that our emotions are critical to our identity and guide decision-making. When we lack awareness of our feelings or avoid unpleasant emotions, we cannot use the information provided by these emotions.
EFT helps individuals to:
- Become more aware of their emotions
- Welcome, allow, and regulate emotions
- Describe feelings clearly and in detail
- Evaluate whether the feelings are helpful or hurtful
- Identify the source of unhelpful emotions
- Develop alternative, healthy ways of coping with situations that often elicit painful emotions
Unlike other therapeutic approaches, EFT assumes that emotion can be a source of healing and works with specific emotions to increase adaptation.
If you seek help identifying, utilizing, and processing your emotions, I encourage you to contact me today. Together, we’ll work on increasing awareness of feelings, separating valuable from painful emotions, and using healthy emotions to guide action.
Contact me today. I look forward to speaking with you about how I can help.